Wednesday, October 25, 2017

5 Things You Might Not Know About Me!

Hi, I'm Stellar, and welcome to Stellar in Neverland! Let's do a few updates:
-I got an iPhone last Tuesday (10/17!) It's a rose gold iPhone 7. It's the first phone I've ever had (I know, I'm really late to the party) and I LOVE it. I'm obviously not going to give out my phone number because, well, duh. I don't even have a reason for bringing it up, it's just that it's a big part of my life and I want to share my excitement on here.
-In slightly less serious news, I also got a giraffe onesie this week! It's what I'm going to wear for Halloween (I already wore it to this past Friday's Halloween-themed football game) and it's pretty much my favorite thing ever. It's ridiculous and impractical, but it makes me feel cute and cozy. I'm actually wearing it as I write this. I got it from Target, and here's a picture of it (though not of me, obviously):
Image result for target giraffe onesie
Okay, now that those updates are out of the way, I'd like to say that I had a really hard time coming up with an idea for what to post. However, I did come up with something! This week's post is 5 things you might not know about me. These are things I have (as far as I can remember) never shared on Stellar in Neverland or the Brick Wall as well as things that people who aren't super-close to me might not know. I might do a sequel to this if I'm really bored but that's highly unlikely. I don't have much else to say for the intro to this so let's get just get this started.

#1. I went through a Webkinz phase in elementary school.
In case you're unfamiliar, Webkinz are stuffed animals that come with a secret code tag that you can enter on the Webkinz site and use to play with online. I got my first one for Christmas in 2006, and from that point to about 2014, an addiction was born. My brother and I were obsessed. We got as many as we could and we played with both our physical and virtual animals. We had hundreds of them yet still managed to remember every one of their names, we shipped them, and we even watched videos about them on YouTube. Seriously, Webkinz videos were how I got into YouTube in the first place, and I considered making my own Webkinz channel. I still have all of my Webkinz stored in my room and although I don't play with them much (occasionally I will if I'm feeling bored and want to relive the memories...shh, don't tell anyone!), I still will never want to part with them because of how much sentimental value they have to me.
#2. I'm a logophile.
You're probably wondering what a logophile is, and to be fair, I didn't know either until I looked it up. A logophile is, quite simply, a lover of words, and I am one. I'm fascinated by words and I'm very specific about ones I love and ones I hate. There isn’t any common pattern between words I love and words I hate, other than I would describe the words I love as “pretty” and the words I hate as “gross”. Some words I love are “symphony”, “rendezvous”, “wanderlust”, “vivid”, and, of course, “stellar”. A few words I hate are “chunky”, “boogie” (well that one’s not really gross, I just hate it), “crusty”, “absorb”, and “gurgle”. I have a large vocabulary and I’m weirdly great at spelling, so I can spell the majority of those words.
#3. I use some slang words ironically until it gets to the point where I can’t stop.
From one word-related fact to the next. This one’s pretty frivolous (another word I love), but I wanted  to mention it anyway. There have been quite a few instances where there’s a slang word that gets popular among teens. I start out thinking it’s ridiculous, just the stupidest thing ever, so I start saying it ironically amongst my friends. I mean it as a joke. After I’ve been saying it for a while, I end up becoming the kind of person I was making fun of, the kind of person who says these things seriously. There still is a hint of irony to my usage of the words, but I do say them unironically for the most part. Just so you know what I mean, a few examples of words I’ve done this with are “litty”, “yeet”, and "y'all". This applies to me dabbing as well: doing it ironically until I can't stop.
#4. I have quite a few dream jobs.
Whenever anyone asks me what I want to be when I grow up, I panic because I have multiple answers. The career path I'll most likely take is in education, specifically in high school. It's practical, realistic, and well-paying. Another job I've considered is a psychologist. I don't actually know much about it but I find it interesting. I've also thought about having a career in marketing. I'm a creative person and I think it would be cool to come up with ideas for marketing campaigns. My dream job (that is actually somewhat realistic) would be to work for a record label, but not as a performer. I'd specifically want to be a talent scout, looking for fresh artists to add to the label. I think that would be an amazing job, allowing me to deal with my passion for music even though I'm not that good of a musician. And speaking of being a not-good musician, that brings me to my absolute dream job that I will never have: a singer. In a perfect world I'd be a huge pop star, having an amazing voice and living a glamorous lifestyle. But alas, my singing voice sounds like a tone-deaf cat being strangled AND I'm unattractive (which matters, because looks/image is important to being a pop star, sadly), so I've accepted that this will never happen. Still, a girl can dream, can't she?
#5. I wrote the worst book of all time in fourth grade (and the worst sequel of all time in fifth grade).
I've always had a passion for writing, whether it be writing fiction, journal entries (despite me never being able to keep a journal), or blog posts. I wrote a lot of short stories in elementary school, and while most of them were pretty crappy (I've improved exponentially as a writer, thankfully!), one of them really sticks out as being just atrocious. On rainy days in fourth grade, a few friends and I would get together and made a fake news show (no, not that kind of fake news, I simply mean we pretended to have a news program). It was one of those things that was embarrassing in hindsight but fun while it lasted. When I was in fourth grade, I thought it was so much fun that I came up with the genius idea to write a book about it. The result was News To You, a "book" (if you can even call it that, it was only ten pages long or something) so dreadfully abhorrent you have to read it to even begin to comprehend the sheer amount of evil contained in those ten pages. (Not gonna lie, I'm really proud of that sentence.) It has unnecessary product placement for products I had never even used at the time of writing, plot holes up the yin yang, flat characters, embarrassing writing from a technical standpoint, predictability, and emphasis on what the characters are wearing instead of a coherent plot. I cannot emphasize just how much News To You sucks. I wrote a sequel in fifth grade that isn't any better. I think I might post the stories on here at some point so you all can experience the suckage for yourself.

So that's a little bit more about me, in case you were wondering. Hopefully you enjoyed that angry rant at the end. I'm proud of it. Once again, I have no idea what I'm going to write about, so you'll just have to see next Wednesday. In a few weeks, though (November 15), I'm gonna do another First Impressions on the new Taylor Swift album. I don't know why. I'm Stellar in Neverland, and I'll see you next week. Peace!

Stellar

No comments:

Post a Comment