Sunday, September 10, 2017

Stellar's Music Shuffle Challenge!

Hi, it's Stellar, and welcome to Stellar in Neverland! I don't have really any updates for today so I'll just segue into the meat and potatoes (as my geometry teacher would say) of my post. I'm going to do a music shuffle game to determine what the soundtrack of the fictional movie about my life would be. I've seen many variants of this game but I created this one by myself, so give credit if you use it. Not every post on this blog is going to be lengthy and thought-provoking, some of them are going to be simple like this one. I'm just doing this because it's quick and easy while also being a little snapshot of my (very eclectic) music taste so y'all can see what I'm into before the inevitable amount of music posts yet to come.

A quick explanation of how to play:
1. Pull up your music player of choice (iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, etc. I use Spotify.)
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. For every question, write down the song that plays as your answer.
4. When you're done, laugh at how little sense your answers most likely make.

Here are the questions:
1. Opening Credits (Waking Up And Getting Ready For School): "All The Small Things" by blink-182 (This actually makes sense to me! We're off to a good start!)
2. First Day Of School: "Bounce Back" by Big Sean (I actually have no idea why this song is still in my playlist lol. This doesn't really make sense because it's the FIRST day and therefore I have nothing to bounce back from.)
3. Making Friends: "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay (Well, two of my best friends *Banana_Elephant and Quidditch_Turtle, in case you were wondering* are both Coldplay fans so I guess we bonded over that?)
4. Studying and Passing A Test: "Heavydirtysoul" by Twenty One Pilots (This song is really hype *for lack of a better term* so I could totally see this working as I prepare intensely for my test. Probably not great music to study to though. I know all the words and can rap along to it *which I'm very proud of because it's FAST* so I'll get distracted by that)
5. Asking Your Crush Out: "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic! At The Disco (What even)
6. Happy Dance Alone In Your Room: "Black Beatles" by Rae Sremmurd ft. Gucci Mane (I guess my happy dance is the Mannequin Challenge? I'd think I'd need more people for that but whatevs)
7. Passing Your Driver's Test (Driving Montage): "Umbrella" by Rihanna ft. Jay-Z (Probably not my first choice for carpool karaoke but it'll do)
8. Prom: "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas (Real talk: if this song is not played at my real-life prom I will riot.)
9. Stressing Out: "Firework" by Katy Perry (Maybe in a slightly cheesy turn of events I could listen to this song for a pep talk and end up feeling inspired!)
10. Being Angsty Teens With Your Friends: "Lean On" by Major Lazer ft. MØ and DJ Snake (This song isn't angsty at all lol)
11. Graduation: "Paris" by The Chainsmokers (Am I graduating from the school in Anna and the French Kiss or something?)
12. Breakup: "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5 (This makes me laugh. Clearly I will not be loved anymore since it's...you know...a BREAKUP!)
13. Being Single: "Crazy In Love" by Beyonce ft. Jay-Z (The irony is too much to handle.)
14. Getting Back Together: "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga (Random note: For English last year we had to write Romeo and Juliet-themed song parodies and I did mine on this one. I might post it on here for laughs but I don't want anyone to find it and copy it.)
15. Being In Love: "Side To Side" by Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj (Clearly we're focusing on the more...sexual aspect of this relationship)
16. Working At Your Job: "Death of a Bachelor" by Panic! At The Disco (Based on this selection, I've come to the conclusion that I either a.) work for a company that does weddings or b.) work at Hot Topic. Both are fine with me lol)
17. Getting Engaged: "That's What I Like" by Bruno Mars (So I'm marrying a man who has a condo in Manhattan AND a beach house in Miami, a personal chef named Julio, and a Cadillac, and can also give me diamonds, trips to Puerto Rico, and Paris? I'm cool with that.)
18. Wedding: "Want To Want Me" by Jason Derulo (I low-key want this song played at my wedding)
19. Birth of Child: "Sugar, We're Goin Down" by Fall Out Boy (My child is a Fall Out Boy fan. The Emo Stellar of last year will be so proud.)
20. Death of a Loved One: "Party In The USA" by Miley Cyrus (Somebody just died! Why are we celebrating?)
21. Mid-Life Crisis: "Die Young" by Kesha (The fear of dying young is actually a completely reasonable thing to have a mid-life crisis about.)
22. Getting Old: "All Star" by Smash Mouth (I may be getting old...but the memes containing this song will not.)
23. Death: "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye ft. Kimbra (I am "Somebody" and "I" is the concept of life. Does that make sense?)
24. Bittersweet Flashback of Your Entire Life: "American Dream" by MKTO (Oddly enough I can see this working. I have no idea why.)
25. End Credits: "Feels" by Calvin Harris ft. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, and Big Sean (Whenever I listen to this song I think of beach parties. Are these end credits going to be a beach party in heaven? I'm totally down for that.)

So that's Stellar's Music Shuffle Challenge! If you're reading this and want to do it in the comments, go ahead. It's a lot of fun purely for how funny some of the song answers are. I don't know what my next post is gonna be, so tune in next Wednesday to find out! I'm Stellar in Neverland and I'll see you then! Peace!

Stellar

No comments:

Post a Comment